White Chocolate Cranberry Squares Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (150 mL)
- 1 cup butter, softened (250 mL)
- 2 eggs, beaten (2)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (250mL)
- 1 pkg sweetened shredded coconut (7 oz) (200 g)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional) (125 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In food processor or large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Pulse or cut in butter to form fine crumbs. Press firmly into 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Bake about 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. In large bowl, mix together eggs and sweetened condensed milk. Stir in white chocolate chips, cranberries, and coconut. Spread over crust, return to oven; bake 18 to 22 minutes, until set in centre.
4. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave in small plastic bag on MEDIUM-HI. Cut small hole in corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over top. Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Makes 48 squares.