White Chocolate Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1 pkg||white or vanilla cake mix (510 g)|
|1 pkg||lemon instant pudding mix (4-serving size) (106 g)|
|1 cup||sour cream (250 mL)|
|1/3 cup||vegetable oil (75 mL)|
|1 1/2 cup||fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed (375 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1/3 cup||water (75 mL)||WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 10-inch (3 L) Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat on low speed 1 minute to blend, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips. Spread batter in Bundt pan.
4. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. (Reduce oven temperature if cake darkens too quickly.)
5. Let cool 25 minutes in pan on wire rack, then remove cake and cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 16 slices.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) white chocolate chips and 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk together, stirring until smooth. Spoon over top of cake.