White & Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Simple and fun to make, strawberries get party-ready with a rich coating of rich white and semi-sweet chocolate.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (400 mL)|
|2 tbsp||shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)* (30 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|4 cups||fresh strawberries with stems (1 L)|
- 1. Rinse strawberries; pat dry. Line tray or baking sheet with wax paper.
2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, place white chips and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the shortening. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir vigorously until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If necessary, microwave on HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, just until smooth when stirred.
3. Holding by top, dip 2/3 of each strawberry into white chocolate chip mixture; shake gently to remove excess. Place on prepared tray; refrigerate until coating is firm, at least 30 minutes.
4. In clean microwave-safe bowl, repeat microwave procedure with semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tbsp (15 mL) shortening; dip lower 1/3 of each berry into chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until firm. Cover; refrigerate leftover strawberries.
Makes about 2 to 3 dozen dipped strawberries.
• Butter, margarine and spreads contain water which may prevent chocolate from melting properly; oil may prevent chocolate from forming a coating.