White Chocolate Cheesecake Minis Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 1 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 3 tbsp 35% whipping cream (45 mL)
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) plain brick-style cream cheese (500 g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening (30 mL)
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper to overhang sides. Stir white chocolate chips with cream in a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water until melted; cool slightly. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar and white chocolate mixture until very smooth. With mixer on medium speed, add eggs one at a time; mix just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
2. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off; leave the cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing. Use parchment paper to lift cheesecake from pan; trim the edges and cut into 36 cubes.
3. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with shortening in a small heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Insert a lollipop stick into each cheesecake cube. Dip each cube into melted chocolate; shake off excess and transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is set or until ready to serve.
Makes 36 servings.
• When cutting cubes, dip a knife in hot water and wipe clean between slices for smooth edges.