Velvety Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (75 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 3 eggs, beaten (3)
- 3 cups milk (750 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)
- 3 tbsp butter (45 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 9-inch (23 cm) prepared pie crust, cooled
- Whipped topping
- Additional CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1. Stir sugar with cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk eggs and milk; gradually stir into sugar mixture until well blended. Set over medium heat; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
2. Add chocolate chips, butter and vanilla to milk mixture; stir until melted and smooth. Pour into cooled, prepared pie crust. Immediately, place a piece of plastic wrap onto the pie's surface. Chill for 3 to 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate chips.
Makes 8 servings.
• Add 1 cup (250 mL) sweetened coconut flakes along with the chocolate chips and butter.