Two-Tone Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|3/4 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted (175 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1 cup||softened butter or margarine (250 mL)|
|1 cup||packed brown sugar (250 mL)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar (250 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||vanilla (7 mL)|
|2 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (625 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into butter mixture.
4. Divide dough in half. Stir melted semi-sweet chocolate into one half of dough; mix well. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips.
5. Stir white chocolate chips into other half of dough.
6. Take small portion of each dough and press together into a flat round. Place on baking sheet.
7. Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or just until set. Let cool on wire rack.
Makes about 5 1/2 dozen cookies.
• Try placing white chocolate chips in dark dough and semi-sweet chocolate chips in light dough.