Turtle Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|2 cups||granulated sugar (500 mL)|
|1/2 cup||Lactantia® Salted Butter (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||Mazola® 100% Pure Canola Oil (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||instant coffee granules (5 mL)|
|4||large Naturegg™ Omega 3 Eggs (4)|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||unsweetened cocoa powder (175 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||each baking powder and salt (2 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips, divided (270 g)|
|30||soft caramel candies (30)|
|1 tbsp||milk (15 mL)|
|3/4 cup||finely chopped, toasted pecans (175 mL)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin pans with 20 Reynolds® StayBrite™ Baking Cups. Stir sugar, butter, oil and coffee in a large, heavy saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until smooth and thick; remove from heat. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
2. Stir flour with cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl; stir into egg mixture until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among baking cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centres comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pans.
3. Heat remaining chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM (50%) for 40 to 50 seconds; stir until smooth. Heat caramels and milk in another microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%), stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Spread an equal amount of warm caramel onto each cupcake. Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until garnishes are set.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
• For a fun turtle shape, insert 5 pecan halves into the caramel layer to resemble the legs and head of a turtle. Add a dollop of melted chocolate and spread evenly to create a “turtle shell.�? Let stand until set.