Triple Layer Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (75 mL)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour (45 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL )
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips, melted (250 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted (250 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips, melted (250 mL)
- TRIPLE DRIZZLE (recipe follows, optional)
- 1. Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Stir together 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) batter with melted butterscotch chips in medium bowl; pour into prepared crust. In another medium bowl, stir together 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) batter with melted chocolate chips; pour over butterscotch layer. Stir together remaining batter with melted white chips; stir until smooth. Pour over chocolate layer.
3. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center of cheesecake is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan. Cool to room temperature.
4. Drizzle TRIPLE DRIZZLE, one flavour at a time, over top of cheesecake, if desired. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 12 to 14 servings.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir together 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers), 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered sugar and 1/4 cup (50 mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa; stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) up side of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool.
• To melt chips: Place chips in separate microwave-safe bowls. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
TRIPLE DRIZZLE: Place 1 tbsp (15 mL) CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Repeat procedure with 1 tbsp (15 mL) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 tbsp (15 mL) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips.