Toffee Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (375 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups Lactantia� Unsalted Butter, softened (325 mL)
- 8 oz plain, brick-style cream cheese (250 g)
- 2 large Naturegg� Omega 3 Eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (1 L)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 pkg CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (200 g)
- 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream (60 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)
- 1 tbsp BeeHive� Golden Corn Syrup (15 mL)
- 1. Beat the sugar, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add to the cream cheese mixture; mix until well combined. Stir in the toffee bits. Chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll the dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls (about 1 tbsp/15 mL each). Place 2-inches (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Use the end of a large wooden spoon to make an indentation in the centre of each ball. Bake, in batches, for 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from the oven; reinforce the indents with the wooden spoon. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
3. Filling: Meanwhile, heat the cream until steaming. Pour over chocolate chips; whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in the corn syrup. Spoon about 1/2 tsp (2 mL) into each cooled cookie. Let stand until set. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
Tip: Hold shaped cookies in the refrigerator while baking off batches.