Toffee Crunch Blondies Recipe
These rich blondies studded with SKOR Toffee Bits are delicious. Your family and friends will love them!
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1/2 cup||golden shortening (125 mL)|
|1 cup||lightly packed brown sugar (250 mL)|
|2 1/4 cup||all-purpose flour (550 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking powder (5 mL)|
|2 tbsp||milk (30 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 1/4 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided (300 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
2. In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture with milk.
4. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the toffee bits and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spread evenly in baking pan.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle evenly with remaining toffee bits. Let cool. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.