Toffee Bits Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 mL)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided (175 mL)
- 1 1/3 cup CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (325 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) toffee bits. Gently stir remaining toffee bits and vanilla into batter; pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan.
4. Cover; refrigerate. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and reserved toffee bits. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) vanilla wafer crumbs (about 40 wafers), 1/3 cup (75 mL) powdered sugar and 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa in bowl; stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine. Press mixture firmly onto bottom and 1/2 inch (1 cm) up side of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.