Toffee Angel Food Delight Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|4 oz||Brick style cream cheese (softened) (125 g)|
|1/2 cup||icing sugar (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|1 cup||35% whipping cream (250 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)|
|1||prepared Angel Food cake (1)|
- 1. Beat cream cheese with icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat whipping cream in a separate bowl until very stiff.
2. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture; fold all but 2 tbsp (30 mL) toffee bits until evenly combined.
3. Set cake, wide-end-down, on cake plate. Frost evenly with cream mixture. Swirl frosting decoratively.
4. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in the microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
5. Drizzle chocolate evenly over cake. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Chill until chocolate is set or for up to 8 hours.
Makes 12 servings.
• Tuck pieces of parchment paper under the cake to protect the plate. Remove the pieces once the cake is frosted, touch up any disturbed areas with the back of a spoon.