Three Great Tastes Blond Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar (500 mL)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted (250 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (150 mL)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (150 mL)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (150 mL)
- CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch (39 x 27 cm) jelly roll pan.
2. In large bowl, beat together brown sugar and melted butter. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in flour and salt, just until blended.
3. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely; cut into bars. With tines of fork, drizzle CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE randomly over bars.
Makes about 6 dozen bars.
CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE: Place 1/4 cup (50 mL) CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.