The Salty Sweetie
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (1/2 stick) (50 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (400 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (125 mL)
- Coarse sea salt
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into butter mixture, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in chips and toffee bits. Drop by teaspoons or #60 scoop onto prepared cookie sheets. Before putting the cookies in for baking, take a pinch of coarse salt and sprinkle on top of each cookie (so it’s visible on top once baked).
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookie is set. Do not over bake. Cool slightly; slide parchment paper and cookies onto cooling rack. Cool completely; peel cookies from paper.
Makes about 48 cookies.
• For a chocolate cookie, decrease flour to 1 cup and add 1/2 cup of HERSHEY’S Cocoa.