The Gooey Chewy
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (1/2 stick) (50 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows* (375 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into butter mixture, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in chips and miniature marshmallows. Drop by teaspoons or #60 scoop onto prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookie is set. Do not over bake. Cool slightly; slide parchment paper and cookies onto cooling rack. Cool completely; peel cookies from paper.
Makes about 48 cookies.
• For best results use older marshmallows that have gotten hard or measure and spread marshmallows on wax paper; allow to sit out uncovered overnight before using.