Sweet and Salty Caramel Nut Fudge Recipe
Easy to make and hard to resist, this Sweet and Salty Caramel Nut Fudge is sure to impress any crowd.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 4 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups sugar (425 mL)
- 1 jar marshmallow crème (198g)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter (50 mL or 1/2 stick)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (283g )
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups salted mixed nuts (375 to 500 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1. Line 8-inch (20-cm) square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. Combine sugar, marshmallow crème, evaporated milk and butter in heavy 3-quart (3 L) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil; boil and stir 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; gradually add caramel chips, stirring until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan; cool.
4. Refrigerate or allow to firm at room temperature. Remove from pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil. Cut into squares. Store, covered, in cool, dry place. Makes about 64 (1-inch/2.5 cm) pieces or about 2-1/4 pounds (1025g) candy.
NOTE: For best results, do not double recipe.