Sunshine Multigrain Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups non-hydrogenated margarine (300 mL)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 Omega 3 eggs (2)
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats (500 mL)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour (175 mL)
- 3/4 tsp each baking powder and baking soda (4 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup each chopped walnuts and dried cranberries (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup each flax seeds and unsalted sunflower seeds (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat the margarine with the brown and granulated sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. Stir the oats with the wheat flour, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Beat into the margarine mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds and sunflower seeds.
3. Scoop well-rounded tablespoonsful of dough onto parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
• Omit the quinoa flour and use all whole-wheat flour instead. The cookies will spread more than the original recipe but are just as tasty.
• The walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds and sunflower seeds can be replaced with any combination of healthful ingredients such as chia seeds, hemp hearts, slivered almonds, unsweetened flaked coconut and/or pumpkin seeds.