Strawberry Rhubarb White Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 15 Minutes
|3/4 cup||each frozen rhubarb and strawberries (175 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||granulated sugar, divided (375 mL)|
|1 cup||unsalted butter, softened (250 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL)|
|1 cup||sour cream (250 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|3 cups||all-purpose flour (750 mL)|
|1 tbsp||baking powder (15 mL)|
|2 1/2 cups||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips, divided (625 mL)|
|2 tsp||vegetable shortening (10 mL)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Combine rhubarb and strawberries in a saucepan with ¼ cup (50mL) sugar. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and lightly mash with a fork. Let cool while you make the batter.
3. Beat butter with remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time blending after each addition. Add vanilla and blend well.
4. Dissolve baking soda in sour cream in a small bowl. In a large bowl, whisk flour with baking powder. Blend sour cream and flour into butter mixture alternating until just combined. Stir in 2 cups (500mL) of the white chocolate chips. Gently fold in cooked fruit. Spoon batter evenly into a greased 12-cup (3 L) Bundt pan.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.
6. Melt remaining ½ cup (125mL) white chocolate chips with shortening in a heatproof bowl in microwave on medium for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stir until smooth and drizzle over cake.
Makes 12 - 14 servings.
• If you prefer, use only strawberries, or other favorite frozen fruit like peaches, raspberries or blueberries.
• Cake freezes well.