Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
- PASTRY CRUST:
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL )
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 3 pks (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen sliced strawberries with syrup, thawed (300 g)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (150 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1 tsp strawberry or vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 4 or 5 drops red food colouring (optional)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
- 1. CRUST: Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). In medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy; blend in egg. Add flour; mix well. Press dough onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) up sides of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake 5 minutes; let cool. Decrease oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
2. CHEESECAKE FILLING: In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Purée strawberries with syrup in food processor or blender; add to cream cheese mixture. Blend in flour, eggs, strawberry extract and food colour. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake 10 minutes, without opening oven door. Decrease oven temperature to 250°F (120°C); continue baking 50 to 60 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and run knife around edge of cheesecake; let cool to room temperature.
4. Refrigerate several hours or overnight; remove side of pan. Serve topped with whipped cream and strawberries.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.