Spreads Frosted Oatmeal Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup butter or margarine (250 mL)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (625 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)
- 1 cup REESE Spreads (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, if desired; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (batter will be stiff).
3. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Spread peanut butter chocolate spread over baked top. Cut into bars.
Makes about 24 bars.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.