Sea Salt Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened (226g each)
- 3/4 cup sugar (226g each)
- 1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 tbsp light cream (30 mL)
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (optional) (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional) (125 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (400 mL or 283g pkg.)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F (180°C). Line 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond pan sides. Prepare CRUMB CRUST.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and salt in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Set aside 3-1/2 cups (875 mL) batter; blend light cream and rum extract into remaining batter. Stir in walnuts, if desired.
3. Place caramel chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Gradually stir rum and nut batter into melted chips, stirring until well blended.
4. Alternately drop vanilla batter and caramel nut batter by heaping tablespoons onto crumb crust. With knife or small spatula swirl batters for marbled effect. (Batters will flatten and smooth as cheesecake bakes.)
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until centre is set and edges puff and begin to crack. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled. Using foil as handles, lift from pan. Cut into bars.
Makes about 24 bars.
CRUMB CRUST: Stir together 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) graham cracker crumbs and 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar in medium bowl; blend in 6 tbsp (90 mL) melted butter or margarine, mixing well. Press mixture onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.