Sea Salt Caramel Poke Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (175 mL or 1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (400 mL)
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups brewed coffee (325 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) (396 g)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (400 mL or 283g pkg.)
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Minis Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add alternately with coffee to butter mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Poke holes with end of wooden spoon about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart into warm cake (do not pierce bottom of cake).
4. Place sweetened condensed milk and caramel chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until mixture is smooth and fluid when stirred. Spread evenly over cake surface. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Gently press peanuts and mini chocolate chips on top of cake.
Makes 12 servings.