Sea Salt Caramel Crumble
Apple Crumble reaches new heights with the irresistible addition of Sea Salt Caramel sauce drizzled over individual servings of crumble and vanilla ice cream.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 4 baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (60 mL)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (175 mL)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (250 mL)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (150 mL)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (125 mL)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (10 mL)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (250 mL)
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (250 mL)
- 2 tbsp whole milk (30 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray 8 ramekins with cooking spray. Arrange ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. For the filling, in a medium bowl, mix together apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the sea salt caramel chips.
3. For the topping, in a separate bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, pecans and cinnamon. With your fingertips, incorporate the softened butter until clumps form.
4. Divide the apple mixture between the prepared ramekins and top with the crumble mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until tops are golden.
5. While the Crumble is in the oven, make the caramel sauce. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup (250 mL) of the sea salt caramel chips and milk. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until combined. Serve Crumble with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of sea salt caramel sauce.
Makes 8 individual servings.