Saucy Toffee Ice Cream Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|4 cups||vanilla or chocolate ice cream, slightly softened (1 L)|
|6 oz||prepared graham cracker or chocolate crust (170 g)|
|1 1/4 cups||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided (200 g)|
|1 1/2 cups||granulated sugar (375 mL)|
|1 cup||canned evaporated milk or whipping cream (35%) (250 mL)|
|1/4 cup||butter or margarine (50 mL)|
|1/4 cup||golden corn syrup (50 mL)||salt (pinch)|
- 1. Spoon half of ice cream into prepared pie shell. Sprinkle 1/4 cup (50 mL) toffee bits over ice cream. Spoon in remaining ice cream. Cover; freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
2. SAUCE: Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, corn syrup and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in remaining toffee bits. Cool, stirring occasionally. Makes 3 cups (750 mL) sauce.
3. Serve wedges of pie with sauce. Cover; store leftover pie in freezer. Cover; store leftover sauce in refrigerator.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
• If using homemade 9-inch (23 cm) graham cracker crumb crust, use the large amount of ice cream (1.5 L).
• SAUCY TOFFEE ICE CREAM SUNDAES: Place scoops of ice cream in individual dessert dishes; spoon toffee sauce over top. Makes 6 to 8 sundaes.