Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 6 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows (300 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (125 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan. Stir the marshmallows with the chocolate chips and nuts; set aside.
2. Place the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl; microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir until well combined.
3. Bake for 22 minutes. Sprinkle the reserved marshmallow-chip mixture evenly over the brownie. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the marshmallows have softened and puffed slightly. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Use a wet knife to cut into squares.
Makes 20 brownies.
• Line the baking pan with parchment paper so that it overhangs the sides for easy removal and slicing once cool.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.