Rice Krispies® Reindeer Pops
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (1 L)
- 3/4 cup Jif® smooth peanut butter (175 mL)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies® cereal (1.25 L)
- 1 3/4 cups HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips (melted) (300 g)
- Cake Mate® Cookie Icing, Cake Mate Holiday Round Décors and Cake Mate Sprinkles
- Mini pretzels and mini red jelly beans
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter; stir until completely melted. Add cereal; stir until coated.
2. Working quickly, with damp hands, form ¼ cup (50 mL) portions into firmly packed round balls. Insert a candy stick into each ball.
3. Dip each ball into melted chocolate; gently tap the stick on side of bowl to remove excess.
4. Decorate using pretzels, jelly beans, Cake Mate Cookie Icing, Holiday Round Décors and Sprinkles.
5. Chill until set; wrap in plastic and tie with a ribbon.
Makes about 24 pops.
1. Pierce a block of Styrofoam and insert the dipped pops. It will keep them upright while the chocolate sets.
2. Use leftover melted chocolate to re-attach antlers that are less secure.
3. Use a greased, ¼ cup (50 mL) dry measure to portion out the peanut butter mixture.
Smuckers (Jif)©/TM/MC/®/MD Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.
Cake Mate® Reg. TM/MD Signature Brands, LLC.
Rice Krispies*© 2017, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.