Rice Krispies® Reindeer Pops
Prepare these yummy treats ahead of time and set up the kids with sprinkles, pretzels and other goodies to "dress" the reindeer.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1/4 cup||butter or margarine (50 mL)|
|4 cups||miniature marshmallows (1 L)|
|3/4 cup||Jif® smooth peanut butter (175 mL)|
|5 cups||Rice Krispies® cereal (1.25 L)|
|1 3/4 cups||HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips (melted) (300 g)||Cake Mate® Cookie Icing, Cake Mate Holiday Round Décors and Cake Mate Sprinkles||Mini pretzels and mini red jelly beans|
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter; stir until completely melted. Add cereal; stir until coated.
2. Working quickly, with damp hands, form ¼ cup (50 mL) portions into firmly packed round balls. Insert a candy stick into each ball.
3. Dip each ball into melted chocolate; gently tap the stick on side of bowl to remove excess.
4. Decorate using pretzels, jelly beans, Cake Mate Cookie Icing, Holiday Round Décors and Sprinkles.
5. Chill until set; wrap in plastic and tie with a ribbon.
Makes about 24 pops.
1. Pierce a block of Styrofoam and insert the dipped pops. It will keep them upright while the chocolate sets.
2. Use leftover melted chocolate to re-attach antlers that are less secure.
3. Use a greased, ¼ cup (50 mL) dry measure to portion out the peanut butter mixture.
Smuckers (Jif)©/TM/MC/®/MD Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.
Cake Mate® Reg. TM/MD Signature Brands, LLC.
Rice Krispies*© 2017, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.