REESE’S Pumpkin Spiders Recipe
Little trick-or-treaters will love building these pumpkin spiders with salty pretzel pieces and chocolate.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 12 Minutes
- 8 REESE Peanut Butter Pumpkins (8)
- 32 Large pretzel twists (32)
- 1/4 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips, CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (50 mL)
- 16 yellow REESE'S PIECES Candies (16)
- 1. Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper. Remove wrappers from desired number of peanut butter pumpkins. For each spider, cut 8 matching curved sections from pretzels which will form the legs. Set aside remaining pretzels pieces.
2. Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Transfer to small heavy duty plastic food storage bag. Cut off one corner of bag about 1/4 inch (6 mm) from the tip.
3. For each spider, place peanut butter pumpkin on prepared tray. Attach pretzel legs and yellow candy "eyes" to spider with melted chocolate; place dot of melted chocolate on each eye. Allow chocolate to set before moving spiders.
* This amount of chocolate will make about 8 spiders.