REESE Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup REESE Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread (125 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Minis Candies (250 mL)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened (1 L)
- 1 1/2 cup REESE’S PIECES Peanut Butter Candies, chopped (375 mL)
- 1. Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy; beat in granulated and brown sugars. Beat in REESE Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread, then egg and vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add all at once to butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Minis Candies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 16 balls. Place 8 balls on each prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly; flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are firm and edges and bottoms are golden. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.
5. Spread 8 cookies with 1/2 cup (125 mL) each of ice cream. Top with remaining cookies, pressing gently to spread ice cream to edge. Roll edge of ice cream in REESE’S PIECES Peanut Butter Candies. Wrap sandwiches individually in parchment paper and freeze in airtight container until firm, at least 2 hours.
• Can be made ahead and kept in freezer for up to 2 days.