REESE Spreads Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 3 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz each) (750 g)
- 1 1/4 cups REESE Spreads (300 mL)
- 1 cup sugar (250 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare CRUMB CRUST.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup (250 mL) peanut butter chocolate spread and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and salt. Pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until almost set.* Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan.
4. Place remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) spread in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top of cheesecake. Cool completely.
5. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.
CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir together 1 cup (250 mL) graham cracker crumbs and 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar in small bowl. Blend in 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) (50 mL) melted butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch (1 cm) up sides of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool.
* Cheesecakes are less likely to crack if baked in a water bath.