REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Rocky Road Squares Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 26 REESE MINIATURES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy (230 g)
- 1 cup butter or margarine (250 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups HERSHEY'S Cocoa, divided (300 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 4 eggs, divided (4)
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided (12 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (425 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)
- 1 jar marshmallow creme or fluff (7 oz) (198 g)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (125 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x13-inch (3 L) baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond sides. Grease foil. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Cut each peanut butter cup into 4 pieces; set aside.
2. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in 3/4 cup (175 mL) cocoa until smooth. Add sugar, 3 eggs and 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla; blend well. Blend in flour; spread in prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk, remaining cocoa, remaining egg and remaining vanilla. Pour over baked layer. Return to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
4. Place marshmallow creme by heaping teaspoonfuls over hot surface. Allow to soften for about 5 minutes; carefully spread over surface. Immediately sprinkle peanut butter cup pieces and peanuts over marshmallow. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
5. Lift dessert from pan using foil as handles; place on cutting board. Cut into squares, using wet knife. To serve, gently heat in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for about 10 seconds or in a 200°F (100°C) oven until marshmallow softens. (Dessert may also be allowed to soften at room temperature until ready to serve.) Cover; refrigerate leftovers.
Makes about 20 servings.