REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Pinwheels Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : AdvancedPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 1 pkg (8 oz) plain brick-style cream cheese (250 g)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (approx.) (50 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- Pinch salt (Pinch)
- 26 REESE MINIATURES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy (230 g)
- Icing sugar
- 1. Beat cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Stir together flour and salt; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
2. Remove wrappers from REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy. Carefully place each REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy on its side and cut through the cup, separating the top from the peanut butter filling and bottom. Set the peanut butter cup tops aside. Chop the bottom sections with a little bit of additional granulated sugar into very fine pieces; set aside. (The granulated sugar helps to keep the mixture from clumping.)
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly. Roll half of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8-inch (3 mm). (Keep remaining dough in refrigerator until ready to use.) Cut into into 3-inch (8 cm) squares. Reroll scrapes if necessary to create 26 portions. Use a spatula to lift and place squares 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Place about 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy mixture in the centre of each square. Cut from each corner of square to within 1/2-inch (1 cm) of the centre filling. Bring every other point into center and press dough together to form a pinwheel.
5. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies for 5 minutes. Position the reserved REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy tops in the centre of each pinwheel. Cool completely. Dust cookies with icing sugar.
Makes 26 cookies.