REESE Peanut Butter Cup Lover’s Cheesecake Recipe
|Peanut Butter Crumb Crust:||1 1/2 cups||vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) (375 mL )||1/2 cup||icing sugar (125 mL )||1/4 cup||creamy peanut butter (50 mL )||3 tbsp||butter or margarine (45 mL )||Cheesecake:||1 3/4 cups||REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy (about 11 to 12 regular-sized cups) (425 mL )||3 pkg||cream cheese (8 oz each) (750 g)||1 1/2 cups||granulated sugar (375 mL)||3||eggs (3)||1/3 cup||sour cream (75 mL)||1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL )||1/2 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted (125 mL)||1/2 cup||creamy peanut butter (125 mL )||Sweetened whipped cream (optional)||Additional REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy for garnish|
- 1. Peanut Butter Crumb Crust: Stir vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Place peanut butter and butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds or until butter is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Add to crumb mixture, blending thoroughly. Press onto bottom and 1-inch (2.5 cm) up the side of a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan.
2. Cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Cut each cup into about 16 pieces; set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy in large bowl. Add eggs, beating well. Add sour cream and vanilla; blend thoroughly. Place 2 cups (500 mL) batter in separate bowl; blend in melted chocolate. Pour chocolate batter into prepared pan. Add peanut butter to remaining batter; blend thoroughly. Gently stir in peanut butter cup pieces; spread over chocolate batter.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Without opening oven door, reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake for additional 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
5. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream (if using) and additional peanut butter cup pieces. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.