REESE Peanut Butter Cup Crumble Cake
|2 cups||granulated sugar (500 mL )||1 3/4 cups||all-purpose flour (425 mL)||3/4 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL )||1 1/2 tsp||baking powder (7 mL )||1 1/2 tsp||baking soda (7 mL )||1 tsp||salt (5 mL )||2||eggs||1 cup||milk (250 mL)||1/2 cup||vegetable oil (125 mL )||2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL )||1 cup||boiling water (250 mL )||26||REESE Miniatures Peanut Butter Cups (1 pkg/230 g)||One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting:||6 tbsp||butter or margarine, softened (90 g )||2 2/3 cups||icing sugar (650 mL )||1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa||1/3 cup||milk (approx.) (75 mL )||1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL )|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch (3 L) baking pan.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Meanwhile, remove wrappers from peanut butter cups and cut each cup into 4 pieces; set aside.
4. One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter until fluffy in a medium bowl. Alternately beat in icing sugar and cocoa with milk until of spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Blend in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups (500 mL).
5. Measure out 1/3 cup (75 mL) frosting; reserve. Frost cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle peanut butter cup pieces over frosting. Place reserved frosting in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 15 seconds or until pourable. Drizzle over cake; let stand until set. Makes 12 to 16 servings.