REESE Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (500 mL)
- 1 cup softened butter (250 mL)
- 1 egg, beaten (1)
- 1 tbsp vanilla (15 mL)
- 2 cups each quick cooking oats and all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 1/4 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat sugar with butter until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat on low until mixture is well combined. Stir peanut butter and chocolate chips into dough.
2. Press dough evenly into a greased 11 x 17-inch (27.5 x 42.5 cm) rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden.
3. Cool completely in pan on a rack. Slice into bars and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Makes 48 bars.
� For a special occasion bar, melt 1/4 cup (50 mL) each peanut butter and dark chocolate chips in separate bowls to drizzle over the cooled bars. Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vegetable oil to the melted chips for a shiny drizzle that slices easily when set.