REESE Peanut Butter Bark Recipe
Relax tonight with REESE Peanut Butter Bark. Make a batch with Hershey's Kitchens recipe before dinner and then enjoy your chocolate peanut butter bliss.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
|1 1/3 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (325 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (400 mL)|
|1 tbsp||shortening (15 mL)|
|1/2 cup||roasted peanuts or toasted almonds (125 mL)|
- 1. Cover cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
3. Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in peanuts.
4. Alternately spoon above mixtures onto prepared tray; swirl with knife for marbled effect. Gently tap tray on countertop to even out thickness of mixture. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place.
Makes about 1 pound (500 g) candy.
* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.