REESE Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (300 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted (75 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (750 g)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided (50 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips, melted (400 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 2 tbsp butter (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp water (30 mL)
- 1 cup icing sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- Whipped topping
- CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces
- 1. Crust: Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Toss crumbs with 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar, cocoa and butter until well combined. Press into bottom of a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan.
2. Filling: Beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk, then melted chips, until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Pour over crust.
3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until centre is almost set. Remove from oven; place on a wire rack. Run a thin knife around cake to loosen from side of pan; cool completely.
4. Chocolate Drizzle: Melt butter in a small saucepan set over low heat. Add cocoa and water. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened; do not boil. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Gradually add icing sugar and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
5. Garnish cheesecake with chocolate drizzle, whipped topping and chocolate, as desired. Chill completely.
Makes 12 servings.
� Spoon chocolate drizzle into a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a very small piece from corner of bag. Squeeze drizzle over top of cake.