REESE Chewy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|2 cups||all-purpose flour (500 mL)|
|3/4 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||butter or margarine, softened (300 mL)|
|2 cups||granulated sugar (500 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla (10 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
4. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch (39 x 27 cm) jelly roll pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
Makes about 4 dozen bars.
ICE CREAM SANDWICHES: Prepare CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES as directed; cool. Press small scoop of vanilla ice cream between flat sides of cookies. Wrap and freeze.