Red Velvet Cheesecake
The combination of white and milk chocolate chips in the filling add a "velvety" burst of flavour to this unique cheesecake.
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 18 graham crackers, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp HERSHEY’S Cocoa (30 mL)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, in cubes (125 mL)
- Cream Filling:
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 2 x 250 g cream cheese, room temperature (750g)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 tbsp red food colouring (30 mL)
- Whipped cream
- HERSHEY’S CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips
- HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe 4 cup (1 L) capacity liquid measuring cup, combine the white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Microwave on 100% power for 1 minute, stir well and microwave in 20-second intervals until melted.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or a handheld mixer), beat the cream cheese and sugar until it is very smooth. Scrape down the edges of the bowl and then while operating at low speed, pour in the chocolate mixture, lemon juice and food colouring. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the graham crackers, cocoa, coconut and the butter, and pulse until it comes together into a loose, crumbly dough.
4. Press the dough into a 9” (23 cm) springform pan. Pour in the cream mixture, level the surface and refrigerate for 4 hours.
5. Serve garnished with whipped cream a sprinkle of HERSHEY’S CHIPITS.