Raspberry White Chocolate Sponge Roll Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Advanced
|2 cups||frozen raspberries, thawed (500 mL)|
|1/3 cup||granulated sugar (75 mL )|
|1/4 cup||Fleischmann’s® Canada Corn Starch (50 mL )|
|1/2 cup||orange juice or water (125 mL )||FROSTING:|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (125 mL )|
|2 cups||35% whipping cream, divided (500 mL )|
|1 cup||mascarpone cheese (250 mL )||CAKE:|
|5||large Naturegg™ Omega 3 Eggs, at room temperature (5)|
|2/3 cup||granulated sugar, divided (150 mL )|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL )|
|1/3 cup||cake and pastry flour (75 mL)|
|3 tbsp||Fleischmann’s® Canada Corn Starch (45 mL )|
|1/4 cup||icing sugar (approx.) (50 mL )|
- 1. Filling: Stir raspberries, sugar, corn starch and juice in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often, until thick and glossy; cool completely.
2. Frosting: Melt white chocolate chips with 1 tbsp (15 mL) whipping cream in a bowl set over simmering water until smooth; cool slightly. Beat remaining whipping cream until very thick; set aside. Beat melted chips with mascarpone until smooth. Stir in 1/3 of whipped cream; fold in remaining whipped cream until evenly combined. Chill until ready to use.
3. Cake: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a 17 x 11-inch (45 x 29-cm) rimmed baking sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper. Separate two eggs. Beat the two yolks and remaining whole eggs with 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and vanilla until very thick and pale yellow. Sift flour with corn starch over egg mixture; fold gently to combine.
4. Beat egg whites until fluffy. Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter, just until streak-free. Spread evenly over baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately, sift icing sugar evenly over cake; turn out onto a clean kitchen towel. Carefully remove parchment paper. Sift additional icing sugar over cake; top with a second towel. Starting at a short end, roll up into a pinwheel; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
5. Carefully unroll cake. Spread raspberry filling evenly over cake leaving a 1-inch (2.5-cm) border on each short end. Spread 2 cups (500 mL) of cream mixture evenly over raspberry layer. Snuggly re-roll the cake; transfer, seam-side down, to a serving platter. Frost with remaining cream mixture.
Makes 10 servings.