Quick & Easy Chocolate Banana Snack Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 2 bananas (2)
- 1/2 cup REESE Spreads (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk* (50 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 egg whites (2)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar (2 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8- or 9-inch (20- or 23-cm) baking pan.
2. Place bananas, peanut butter chocolate spread, corn syrup, buttermilk, vanilla and egg whites in blender container. Cover; puree until smooth. Set aside.
3. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add banana mixture to flour mixture, beating with whisk until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Just before serving, sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars.
Makes 9 servings.
*To sour milk: Use 1/2 tsp (2 mL) white vinegar plus milk to equal 1/4 cup (50 mL).