Quarterback Blitz Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||butter or margarine (250 mL)|
|2 1/4 cups||graham cracker crumbs (550 mL)|
|1/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)|
|3 tbsp||sugar (45 mL)|
|1 can||sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (250 mL)|
|1 cup||chopped walnuts (250 mL)|
|1 cup||sweetened flaked coconut (250 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Place butter in 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan; heat in oven until melted. Remove from oven.
3. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and sugar; sprinkle over melted butter. Stir mixture until evenly coated; press evenly with spatula onto bottom of pan.
4. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with baking pieces and toffee bits. Sprinkle nuts and coconut on top; press down firmly.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover with foil; let stand at room temperature several hours. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars.