Pumpkin Bread Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (875 mL)
- 3 cups granulated sugar (750 mL)
- 2 tsp baking soda (10 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (7 mL)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (5 mL)
- 15 oz canned pure pumpkin (450 g)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (250 mL)
- 2/3 cup water (150 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 1 2/3 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (400 mL)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (250 mL)
- 1 cup raisins (optional) (250 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour three, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch (1.5 L) loaf pans.
2. Stir flour with sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. Stir pumpkin with oil, water and eggs in a separate, large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture; stir until well blended. Stir in peanut butter chips, nuts and raisins (if using). Pour an equal amount into each prepared pan.
3. Bake loaves for 55 to 65 minutes or unitl a tester inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 loaves.