Petit Mocha Cheesecakes Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- Crumb Crust
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (125 mL)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp melted butter or margarine (30 mL)
- 1 pkg (8 oz) brick-style cream cheese, softened (250 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp instant powdered coffee (15 mL)
- 1 tsp hot water (5 mL)
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1/4 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp 35% whipping cream (30 mL)
- 1. Crumb Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line mini-muffin cups with paper liners. Stir graham cracker crumbs with icing sugar and melted butter in small bowl until well combined. Lightly press a slightly heaping teaspoon of the crumb mixture into each cup.
2. Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese in large bowl until very smooth. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add cocoa and flour; beat well. Dissolve instant coffee in water; beat into cream cheese mixture. Spoon about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cheesecake mixture into each prepared cup. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
3. Chocolate Glaze: Combine chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small saucepan set over low heat. Heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Immediately drizzle over cooled cheesecakes. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Store leftover cheesecakes, covered, in the refrigerator.
Makes about 42 cheesecakes.