Perfectly Chocolate CHIPITS Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (2 sticks) (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) (250 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Add nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.