Peanutty Rocky Road Squares Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (300 g)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (270 g)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (7 mL)
- pinch salt (pinch)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup peanuts or other nuts, preferably unsalted (optional) (125 mL)
- 1. Line 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. In large microwave-safe bowl, place mini chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
3. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt; blend well. Fold in peanut butter chips, marshmallows and peanuts, if using. Immediately spread mixture in prepared pan.
4. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift candy out of pan; peel off foil. Cut candy into squares.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.