Peanut Buttery Double-Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 4 cups fresh strawberries with stems (1 L)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine or oil)* (15 mL)
- 1. Rinse strawberries; pat dry. Line tray or baking sheet with wax paper.
2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, place milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and shortening. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave on HIGH an additional 30 seconds or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
3. Holding by top, dip bottom two-thirds of each strawberry into melted mixture; shake gently to remove excess. Place on prepared tray. Refrigerate until coating is firm, about 1/2 hour. Cover; refrigerate leftover dipped berries. For best results, use within several hours.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen dipped berries.
• Butter, margarine and spreads contain water which may prevent chocolate from melting properly; oil may prevent chocolate from forming a coating.