Peanut Butter Icebox Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups pretzel sticks (about 100 g/3.5 oz) (625 mL)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (30 mL)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (125 mL)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream (1 L)
- 9 REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy, divided
- 2 tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Syrup (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (30 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place pretzels, sugar, peanuts and flour in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse just until mixture is uniformly chopped. Add butter and pulse until mixture is finely chopped and clumps together. Press into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
2. Cut two REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy into 4 wedges each; set aside. Chop the remaining REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy. Stir the chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy into the softened ice cream until well combined. Spread over the crust and smooth the top.
3. Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the ice cream. Heat the peanut butter on HIGH (100%) in the microwave for 30 seconds or until pourable. Drizzle over the chocolate syrup. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until set, for up to 2 days.
4. Remove the pie from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream (if using) and reserved REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy wedges. Return any leftovers to the freezer right away.
Makes 8 servings.