Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Bars Recipe
These classic bars combine two of our favourites - chocolate and peanut butter - in one delicious brownie.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 16 Minutes
|1 cup||butter or margarine (250 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||sugar (375 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||all-purpose flour (300 mL)|
|2/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (150 mL)|
|1/4 cup||milk (50 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||pecans or walnuts (300 mL)|
|1/2 cup||butter or margarine (125 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (400 mL)|
|1 can||sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)|
|1/4 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (50 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat well. Add flour, cocoa and milk; beat until blended. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or just until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter and peanut butter chips in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth; pour over baked layer.
5. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 45 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars. Cover; refrigerate leftover bars.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.