Peanut Butter Chocolate Filled Oatmeal Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 6 tbsp butter or Becel® margarine (90 mL)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (75 mL)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (300 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups REESE Spreads (300 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8- or 9-inch (20- or 23-cm) square baking pan.
2. Beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
3. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. (Dough will be thick.) Remove 1 cup (250 mL) dough; set aside. Press remaining dough onto bottom of prepared pan.
4. Spread peanut butter chocolate spread over dough. Crumble reserved dough evenly over spread.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. (Peanut butter chocolate spread will be soft.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.
BECEL is a registered trade-mark of Unilever Canada.