Peanut Butter Chip Banana Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1/3 cup||shortening (75 mL)|
|2/3 cup||granulated sugar (150 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla (5 mL)|
|1 cup||mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium) (250 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (375 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)||COCOA-NUT CRUMB TOPPING|
|2 tbsp||granulated sugar (30 mL)|
|1 tbsp||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (15 mL)|
|1 tbsp||butter or margine, melted (15 mL)|
|1/4 cup||peanuts, finely chopped (50 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches/5.5 cm in diameter) with paper baking cups.
2. In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy. Mix in banana.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour and baking soda; blend into banana mixture just until combined. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter.
4. COCOA-NUT CRUMB TOPPING: In small bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa and melted butter. Stir in peanuts until well blended. Sprinkle over top of each muffin.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.
Makes 16 to 18 muffins.